The La Petite Robe Noire lipsticks £21.50 are the new lippie range to accompany the similarly titled fragrance. The idea is a lightly fragranced, balmy lipstick that builds from a translucent juicyness to an intense colour pay off. Scented makeup doesn't really do it for me but these aren't at all unpleasant. The finish and formula is what I love most about these, they're shiny, hydrating, dewy and really make your lips look plump and refreshed. I was never really into the Kylie/brown/matte thing but especially as summer is around the corner, these offerings from Guerlain sound like perfection. There are 20 colours in the range and I swatched every last damn one for you, let's have a look:
1. Black Perfecto - Thoughts when I first saw this: "Black lipstick? Guerlain?" It's not black at all as you can see. It's a sheer, vampy purple with subtle glitter, interesting but it stains. Not a favourite!
2. My First Lipstick - Another glittery number, although it's pale-pink-sheer bordering nothingy-ness so again not a fave.
3. Fire Bow
4. Red Teddy
5. Pink Ballerinas
6. Pink Bangle - Super pretty juicy pink, perhaps like you've bitten into a ripe strawberry and the juice has spattered over your lips.
7. Berry Beret
8. Beige Lingerie - The most nude of the collection, a good rosy/pink/brown, I actually adore this one. I think many could pull this off as a my-lips-but-better.
9. Python Bag
10. Lilac Belt
11. Poppy Cap - Anyone after a spring/summer coral for beachside retreats etc, I think this is a beautiful option.
12. Sun Twin Set - Very similar to this Barry M lipstick I reviewed in 166.
13. Red Heels
14. Red Bow Tie
15. Pink Tie
16. Neon Pumps - A light and bright pink that is far from neon but in fact really pretty and springlike.
17. Cherry Cape
18. Leather Blazer - I did think yuck, in the bullet, and even in the swatch but on the lips it's really flattering for those with an olive-y undertone.
19. Mauve Gloves - As dark and plummy as this looks compared to the other, more vibrant shades, it actually translates a lot lighter on me and is definitely in my top 3 favourite/most wearable shades of the range.
They alsoooo have 8 nail polishes (of which I like all of them) that match some of the lip colours (why they didn't just match all 20 shades I have no idea) and once again, a killer formula. I quickly tried 4 on my nails and 1 slight swipe was opaque, bright and shiny. Pink Ballerinas, a milky pale pink, is actually stunning, it looks so demure and ethereal, if a polish can.
House of Fraser have had exclusivity on the range until yesterday (yippeeeee) so you can now pick them up here at Escentual a little cheaper.
So guys, now I pass the buck on to you, what shades should I pick up?! And which are your favourites?